- Newbury, J. (2015). Being in the midst. A review of Etmanski, Hall, and Dawson’s (2014) Learning and teaching community-based research: Linking pedagogy to practice. Retrieved 13 January, 2016 from http://ijcyfsreview.com/2016/01/06/being-in-the-midst/
- Newbury, J. (2011). Not for Profit: Why Democracy Needs the Humanities. Retrieved 17 May, 2011 from http://postgrowth.org/book-review-not-for-profit/
- Newbury, J. (2011). They Fight Like Soldiers, They Die Like Children. Retrieved 24 March, 2011 from http://www.rabble.ca/books/reviews/2011/03/they-fight-soldiers-they-die-children Rabble.ca: News for the Rest of Us.
- Newbury, J. (2011). Individualizing trauma: Pathologizing populations and perpetuating violence? A Book Review. Psychological Studies, 56(3), 325-327.
- Newbury, J. (2010). An open letter to Dambisa Moyo. Retrieved 27 October, 2014 from http://www.whydev.org/an-open-letter-to-dambisa-moyo/